Lab Safety Ireland was founded in 2005 by David Butler (MBS Safety and Health Management, MSc., Diploma Safety and Health Management, Dip. App. Sci., CMIOSH, MACSLM), as a specialist health and safety consultancy and training company offering niche hazardous substances support to clients in the following sectors: R&D; Third Level; Health; Chemical; Manufacturing; Energy; and Pharmaceutical. We are unique in our prior professional experience, third level qualifications and sole specialisation in this area. Clients are provided with a diligent and professional one-to-one service with a particular focus on compliance and the quality and accuracy of our work. All work and client contact is undertaken by a consultant at director level.
Our core health and safety skills are in chemical safety, biosafety, compressed gas safety and related industrial and laboratory type hazards. Technical safety expertise includes training, advice, accident investigation, auditing, risk assessment and safety documentation preparation. Company director David Butler who is a Chartered Safety and Health Practitioner (CMIOSH), has over 11 years’ experience working in the environmental and research sectors and has worked in health and safety since 2000. David has Masters Degrees from both Dublin City University and Trinity College Dublin.
Current Specialist/Subject Matter Expert Roles
- Abbott Laboratories Global Audit Team
- Teagasc National R&D Safety Advisor and Trainer
- Foundation For Liver Research London Biosafety and Research Safety Advisor and Trainer
- AFC Energy UK Health and Safety and R&D Safety Advisor and Trainer
- PepsiCo Global Quality and R&D Dept. Chemical Safety Advisor and Trainer
- Irish Blood Transfusion Service Chemical Safety and Biosafety Project Lead and Trainer